Close Menu
thewitness.com.au
  • Home
  • Latest
  • National News
  • International News
  • Sports
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Queen was eager for ex-prince Andrew to become trade envoy

May 21, 2026

FIFA World Cup training cancelled in DR Congo over deadly Ebola outbreak

May 21, 2026

Three people charged with murder over fatal balcony fall

May 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
thewitness.com.au
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Latest
  • National News
  • International News
  • Sports
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
thewitness.com.au
Home»International News»President undecided on attending son Donald Trump Jr’s wedding to Bettina Anderson in the Bahamas
International News

President undecided on attending son Donald Trump Jr’s wedding to Bettina Anderson in the Bahamas

info@thewitness.com.auBy info@thewitness.com.auMay 21, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
President undecided on attending son Donald Trump Jr’s wedding to Bettina Anderson in the Bahamas
Share
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Threads Bluesky Copy Link


Michael Koziol

You have reached your maximum number of saved items.

Remove items from your saved list to add more.

Washington: US President Donald Trump said he had not decided whether to attend his son Donald Trump Jr’s wedding, which will reportedly take place this weekend – a long weekend in the US – in the Bahamas.

“He’d like me to go, but it’s going to be just a small little private affair,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office on Thursday (US time), when asked if he would attend the ceremony.

President Donald Trump told reporters in the Oval Office he’d like to attend his son’s wedding but the timing was bad.AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin

“I’m going to try and make it. I’m in the midst – I said, ‘You know, this is not good timing for me’. I have a thing called Iran and other things.”

Trump asserted he would be criticised by the media if he went to the wedding amid the war with Iran – though there is a ceasefire – and also if he stayed away.

“That’s one I can’t win on. If I do attend, I get killed, if I don’t attend, I get killed – by the fake news, of course, I’m talking about,” he said.

“But he [Trump Jr] has a got a very – a person who I’ve known for a long time. And hopefully, they’re going to have a great marriage.”

Bettina Anderson and Donald Trump Jr at the White House last year.Bloomberg

The New York Post’s Page Six section reported this week that Trump Jr would wed his partner Bettina Anderson over the Memorial Day long weekend, which runs from Saturday to Monday, on a private island in the Bahamas.

Such a trip would be logistically difficult and expensive for a sitting president, given the security requirements. However, he routinely leaves Washington to spend weekends at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, or his private golf club in New Jersey.

Trump Jr, 48, runs the family business with his brother Eric, and was active in his father’s political campaigns. He split from his previous wife Vanessa in 2018 after 13 years of marriage; they have five children.

Trump and his son Don Jr returning to the White House from the Marine One helicopter earlier this month.Bloomberg

He later became engaged to Kimberly Guilfoyle, a former Fox News host who was once married to California’s Democratic governor, Gavin Newsom. She became a Republican and fundraised for Donald Trump, but she and Trump Jr separated in 2024. President Trump appointed her US ambassador to Greece.

It was in August 2024 that Trump Jr was first photographed with Anderson, a socialite and model, “canoodling” at a restaurant in Florida’s Palm Beach.

He reportedly proposed to the 39-year-old in December while they were at Camp David, the president’s official retreat in Maryland, which has hosted major summits during previous presidencies.

Related Article

Nominated US ambassador to Australia David Brat speaks at the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee.

As of March, Vanessa Trump was reported to be still dating American golfing legend Tiger Woods, who has returned to the US after attending an overseas rehabilitation program following a DUI arrest.

She revealed this week that she had been recently diagnosed with breast cancer and had undergone a medical “procedure”.

Get a note directly from our foreign correspondents on what’s making headlines around the world. Sign up for our weekly What in the World newsletter.

You have reached your maximum number of saved items.

Remove items from your saved list to add more.

Michael KoziolMichael Koziol is the North America correspondent for The Age and Sydney Morning Herald. He is a former Sydney editor, Sun-Herald deputy editor and a federal political reporter in Canberra.Connect via X or email.

From our partners

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest Bluesky Threads Tumblr Telegram Email
info@thewitness.com.au
  • Website

Related Posts

Queen was eager for ex-prince Andrew to become trade envoy

May 21, 2026

FIFA World Cup training cancelled in DR Congo over deadly Ebola outbreak

May 21, 2026

Three people charged with murder over fatal balcony fall

May 21, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Police believe ‘Penthouse Syndicate’ built Sydney property empire from defrauded millions

September 24, 2025224 Views

Inside the bitter fight for ownership of a popular sports website

October 23, 2025153 Views

Wife of Australian Community Media boss responds to husband’s assault charges

March 15, 2026115 Views
Don't Miss

Queen was eager for ex-prince Andrew to become trade envoy

By info@thewitness.com.auMay 21, 2026

The late Queen Elizabeth II was “very keen” for former prince Andrew to be named…

FIFA World Cup training cancelled in DR Congo over deadly Ebola outbreak

May 21, 2026

Three people charged with murder over fatal balcony fall

May 21, 2026

Alex Rodriguez and Jaclyn Cordeiro breakup after 3 years

May 21, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • TikTok
  • WhatsApp
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
Top Trending
Demo
Most Popular

Police believe ‘Penthouse Syndicate’ built Sydney property empire from defrauded millions

September 24, 2025224 Views

Inside the bitter fight for ownership of a popular sports website

October 23, 2025153 Views

Wife of Australian Community Media boss responds to husband’s assault charges

March 15, 2026115 Views
Our Picks

Queen was eager for ex-prince Andrew to become trade envoy

May 21, 2026

FIFA World Cup training cancelled in DR Congo over deadly Ebola outbreak

May 21, 2026

Three people charged with murder over fatal balcony fall

May 21, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
© 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.