Close Menu
thewitness.com.au
  • Home
  • Latest
  • National News
  • International News
  • Sports
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

President undecided on attending son Donald Trump Jr’s wedding to Bettina Anderson in the Bahamas

May 21, 2026

‘Rethinking everything’: Gus drops bombshell

May 21, 2026

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese signals potential changes to controversial testamentary trust proposal

May 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
thewitness.com.au
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Latest
  • National News
  • International News
  • Sports
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
thewitness.com.au
Home»Latest»Perth man accused of rape after failing to pay a sex worker
Latest

Perth man accused of rape after failing to pay a sex worker

info@thewitness.com.auBy info@thewitness.com.auMay 21, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Perth man accused of rape after failing to pay a sex worker
Share
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Threads Bluesky Copy Link


Rebecca Peppiatt

You have reached your maximum number of saved items.

Remove items from your saved list to add more.

A Perth bricklayer has been extradited to Queensland over allegations he used the services of a sex worker but did not pay her.

Jumakhan Haidari, 26, was on holiday in Brisbane in December 2024 when he’s alleged to have had sex with the woman but then made a fake payment for her services.

Sex work was fully legalised in Queensland in August 2022 and non-payment is classified as non-consent.

Jumakhan Haidari was extradited to Queensland over allegations that he raped a prostitute.

On Wednesday, Queensland Police officers appeared in Perth Magistrates Court to apply to extradite Haidari to Brisbane on three counts of sexual penetration without consent, as well as forgery charges in relation to the fake payment.

Through his lawyer, Haidari told the magistrate he had no idea about the allegations and that he would make his own way to Brisbane for a court hearing in relation to the matter.

“The court can have confidence he will take the matter seriously and will turn up to court in Queensland,” his lawyer said.

Prosecutors alleged there was a strong case against Haidari after the alleged complainant signed a statement.

His extradition arrest took 18 months, despite Hairdari coming to the attention of WA Police and the courts for non-related minor matters during that time.

The magistrate told the prosecutor he had effectively been “hiding in plain sight”.

“Your Honour will know how long it takes for an extradition warrant to be processed,” the prosecutor responded.

“It is a very lengthy process. It has to be approved by the Director of Public Prosecutions, and they can take upwards of two years.”

Haidari’s lawyer said he was completely unaware of the allegations until he was arrested earlier this week.

His application for bail was ultimately refused because he was deemed to be a flight risk and he was escorted from the courts with the officers.

He is due to appear in a Brisbane court on May 22.

You have reached your maximum number of saved items.

Remove items from your saved list to add more.

From our partners

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest Bluesky Threads Tumblr Telegram Email
info@thewitness.com.au
  • Website

Related Posts

President undecided on attending son Donald Trump Jr’s wedding to Bettina Anderson in the Bahamas

May 21, 2026

‘Rethinking everything’: Gus drops bombshell

May 21, 2026

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese signals potential changes to controversial testamentary trust proposal

May 21, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Police believe ‘Penthouse Syndicate’ built Sydney property empire from defrauded millions

September 24, 2025224 Views

Inside the bitter fight for ownership of a popular sports website

October 23, 2025153 Views

Wife of Australian Community Media boss responds to husband’s assault charges

March 15, 2026115 Views
Don't Miss

President undecided on attending son Donald Trump Jr’s wedding to Bettina Anderson in the Bahamas

By info@thewitness.com.auMay 21, 2026

SaveYou have reached your maximum number of saved items.Remove items from your saved list to…

‘Rethinking everything’: Gus drops bombshell

May 21, 2026

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese signals potential changes to controversial testamentary trust proposal

May 21, 2026

McLaren catches F1 rivals by surprise with double move before Canadian Grand Prix

May 21, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • TikTok
  • WhatsApp
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
Top Trending
Demo
Most Popular

Police believe ‘Penthouse Syndicate’ built Sydney property empire from defrauded millions

September 24, 2025224 Views

Inside the bitter fight for ownership of a popular sports website

October 23, 2025153 Views

Wife of Australian Community Media boss responds to husband’s assault charges

March 15, 2026115 Views
Our Picks

President undecided on attending son Donald Trump Jr’s wedding to Bettina Anderson in the Bahamas

May 21, 2026

‘Rethinking everything’: Gus drops bombshell

May 21, 2026

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese signals potential changes to controversial testamentary trust proposal

May 21, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
© 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.