Close Menu
thewitness.com.au
  • Home
  • Latest
  • National News
  • International News
  • Sports
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Marvel star Jon Favreau expresses his ‘concern’ for rise of AI in Hollywood

May 18, 2026

Why the former president remains a dominant force

May 18, 2026

Woodies go west

May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
thewitness.com.au
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Latest
  • National News
  • International News
  • Sports
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
thewitness.com.au
Home»Latest»Jamberoo Action Park pushes to store cars year-round
Latest

Jamberoo Action Park pushes to store cars year-round

info@thewitness.com.auBy info@thewitness.com.auMay 18, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Jamberoo Action Park pushes to store cars year-round
Share
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Threads Bluesky Copy Link


An Aussie waterpark that made national headlines for a side hustle storing thousands of new cars without permission has applied to make the arrangement permanent.

Jamberoo Action Park, a recreational facility near Wollongong in NSW, was busted with thousands of electric and hybrid cars in its car park during its off-peak winter period last year.

The facility did not have local government permission to operate as a transport depot involving large truck and trailers moving new cars in and out of its carparks.

RELATED: China EV giant busted in secret Aussie act

News Corp Australia made the arrangement public last year with a story recognised as the “Scoop of the Year” at the automotive media industry’s Newspress Awards.

The park applied to legalise its vehicle holding yard operation with a development application submitted to Kiama Council, the local government rejected in October.

The council disputed Jamberoo’s categorisation of the land as a “car park” and found it would more accurately be categorised as a transport depot.

MORE: Trump to act on ‘trojan horse’ threat

It said “the site is not considered suitable for the proposed development” and that “the proposal is not considered to be in the public interest”.

The council told us last year that it warned Jamberoo to stop using its land to store thousands of new vehicles without permission, by issuing an “Order to Comply” to the action park.

Frustrated residents said that the “car graveyard” was “creepy” compared with the park’s usual activity.

MORE: Muscle car driver escapes “Miracle” crash

Jamberoo initially stored new and unregistered vehicles on behalf of BYD and its Australian importer during its off-peak period in cooler months.

A new development application aims to make the carparking arrangement a permanent, year-round affair.

MORE: Toyota customers left in ‘nightmare’ limbo

Driver survives miracle crash

Documents submitted to Kiama Council this year argue it is “irrelevant as to whether the use is by visitors to the park or for parking of vehicles”, and that it is operating as a car park, not a transport depot.

The park says its annual attendance has dropped by around 50,000 people per year and that it could use more than 1000 car spaces to store vehicles on behalf of importers “whilst still leaving 1800 car spaces to facilitate normal Jamberoo Action Park operations”.

A maximum of 30 trucks would access the facility each day.

During busy periods, such as summer days when school groups use the venue, trucks would only be allowed to access the park before it has opened to the public, or after the park has closed.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest Bluesky Threads Tumblr Telegram Email
info@thewitness.com.au
  • Website

Related Posts

Marvel star Jon Favreau expresses his ‘concern’ for rise of AI in Hollywood

May 18, 2026

Why the former president remains a dominant force

May 18, 2026

Woodies go west

May 18, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Police believe ‘Penthouse Syndicate’ built Sydney property empire from defrauded millions

September 24, 2025218 Views

Inside the bitter fight for ownership of a popular sports website

October 23, 2025152 Views

Wife of Australian Community Media boss responds to husband’s assault charges

March 15, 2026113 Views
Don't Miss

Marvel star Jon Favreau expresses his ‘concern’ for rise of AI in Hollywood

By info@thewitness.com.auMay 18, 2026

Marvel star Jon Favreau expresses his ‘concern’ for rise of AI in Hollywood Jon Favreau…

Why the former president remains a dominant force

May 18, 2026

Woodies go west

May 18, 2026

Gallen's advice to Blues wrecking ball

May 18, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • TikTok
  • WhatsApp
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
Top Trending
Demo
Most Popular

Police believe ‘Penthouse Syndicate’ built Sydney property empire from defrauded millions

September 24, 2025218 Views

Inside the bitter fight for ownership of a popular sports website

October 23, 2025152 Views

Wife of Australian Community Media boss responds to husband’s assault charges

March 15, 2026113 Views
Our Picks

Marvel star Jon Favreau expresses his ‘concern’ for rise of AI in Hollywood

May 18, 2026

Why the former president remains a dominant force

May 18, 2026

Woodies go west

May 18, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
© 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.