Close Menu
thewitness.com.au
  • Home
  • Latest
  • National News
  • International News
  • Sports
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Wedged between China and the US, Australia’s salesman in chief performs delicate balancing act

May 23, 2026

One Nation could win 59 seats in an election today: shock new poll

May 23, 2026

Round 12: Dragons v Warriors | Match Highlights

May 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
thewitness.com.au
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Latest
  • National News
  • International News
  • Sports
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
thewitness.com.au
Home»Latest»Energy Minister Chris Bowen announces two more fuel deliveries for Australia
Latest

Energy Minister Chris Bowen announces two more fuel deliveries for Australia

info@thewitness.com.auBy info@thewitness.com.auMay 23, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Energy Minister Chris Bowen announces two more fuel deliveries for Australia
Share
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Threads Bluesky Copy Link


Australia has secured another 100 million litres of fuel, but Energy Minister Chris Bowen has warned there is still a “long way to go” in the fuel supply crisis.

Mr Bowen announced on Saturday two more deliveries of diesel and jet fuel had been arranged and would arrive in the coming weeks.

Fifty million litres of diesel will be sent to the Kwinana fuel import terminal in Western Australia to provide a “buffer” for the state, while 50 million litres of jet fuel will be delivered to Port Botany in Sydney.

It brings the total amount of additional fuel announced by the government in the wake of pressures caused by the war in Iran to 800 million litres, 100 million of which have already arrived.

Mr Bowen said the extra supplies were reassuring for the country, but there was still “a lot of concern” among international counterparts and within industry for the weeks and months ahead.

“This is all very encouraging, but (there’s) a long way to go, there’s still real international supply chain pressures,” he said.

“We now have a lot more fuel than we did on (February 28) when the crisis began, and an increasing buffer to get us through coming weeks and months as we wait for this international situation to sort itself out.”

Mr Bowen said he did not envisage that Australia would require fuel rationing, but having the four-stage plan with the states to address fuel supply – which is currently at Stage 2 – was critical for navigating the volatility in supply chains.

“This is a volatile world, and it’s prudent that the government enters into planning for the worst-case scenario, and that governments do that together (with industry),” he said.

It comes as Anthony Albanese this week refused to rule out extending the fuel excise cut amid the global volatility.

The Prime Minister told Sydney’s 2DAYFM breakfast radio show on Thursday: “We’ll make the assessment. It’s really volatile times. We don’t know when this war in the Middle East will end.”

The Albanese government temporarily halved the fuel excise to 26.3 cents per litre from April 1 to June 30, costing the budget $2.9bn.

The move aimed to provide relief to motorists from the impact of energy shocks triggered by Iran’s closure of the Strait of Hormuz after the US and Israel launched attacks on February 28.

Crude oil prices have remained above $US100 per barrel since the start of the war.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest Bluesky Threads Tumblr Telegram Email
info@thewitness.com.au
  • Website

Related Posts

Wedged between China and the US, Australia’s salesman in chief performs delicate balancing act

May 23, 2026

One Nation could win 59 seats in an election today: shock new poll

May 23, 2026

Round 12: Dragons v Warriors | Match Highlights

May 23, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Police believe ‘Penthouse Syndicate’ built Sydney property empire from defrauded millions

September 24, 2025224 Views

Inside the bitter fight for ownership of a popular sports website

October 23, 2025153 Views

Wife of Australian Community Media boss responds to husband’s assault charges

March 15, 2026115 Views
Don't Miss

Wedged between China and the US, Australia’s salesman in chief performs delicate balancing act

By info@thewitness.com.auMay 23, 2026

SaveYou have reached your maximum number of saved items.Remove items from your saved list to…

One Nation could win 59 seats in an election today: shock new poll

May 23, 2026

Round 12: Dragons v Warriors | Match Highlights

May 23, 2026

Australian investment property tax changes likely to kill the ‘house flip’

May 23, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • TikTok
  • WhatsApp
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
Top Trending
Demo
Most Popular

Police believe ‘Penthouse Syndicate’ built Sydney property empire from defrauded millions

September 24, 2025224 Views

Inside the bitter fight for ownership of a popular sports website

October 23, 2025153 Views

Wife of Australian Community Media boss responds to husband’s assault charges

March 15, 2026115 Views
Our Picks

Wedged between China and the US, Australia’s salesman in chief performs delicate balancing act

May 23, 2026

One Nation could win 59 seats in an election today: shock new poll

May 23, 2026

Round 12: Dragons v Warriors | Match Highlights

May 23, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
© 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.