Close Menu
thewitness.com.au
  • Home
  • Latest
  • National News
  • International News
  • Sports
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Entertainment

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

AFL 2026: Collingwood ace Jamie Elliott has an ACL injury

May 24, 2026

Chemical tank at risk of exploding in California

May 24, 2026

Lee Andrews mystery takes another twist after reported phone activity

May 24, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
thewitness.com.au
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Latest
  • National News
  • International News
  • Sports
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
thewitness.com.au
Home»Latest»Brisbane kindergarten thrown into chaos amid bitter dispute
Latest

Brisbane kindergarten thrown into chaos amid bitter dispute

info@thewitness.com.auBy info@thewitness.com.auSeptember 10, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Brisbane kindergarten thrown into chaos amid bitter dispute
Share
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Threads Bluesky Copy Link


Multiple parents said they now refused to send their children to the kindy out of concern relating to the management and the unfamiliarity of temporary staff. Instead, they are staying home from work, worrying that their children’s crucial development has been jeopardised before prep in the new year.

“It’s absolutely heartbreaking,” Robinson told this masthead.

“It’s a well-loved space in the community, and the fact that something like this can actually happen is devastating for so many people.”

Robinson said her family had specifically chosen Craigslea because of its community reputation after moving from a mainstream childcare centre.

Before the dispute, she said her daughter had been thoroughly supported by the dedicated services offered by staff, but she no longer felt comfortable sending her daughter to kindy – along with multiple parents who have spoken to this masthead.

“We’re all working overtime to try and do the best we can to get things back up and running, but, as it stands, it’s a one-man show, and it’s really quite concerning that it has even been allowed to go on for as long as it has,” Robinson said.

Craigslea Kindergarten in Chermside West.

Craigslea Kindergarten in Chermside West.Credit: Online

A C&K spokeswoman said Craigslea was operated by a volunteer management committee consisting of parents and community members, and the association did not have a role in the day-to-day operations.

But it confirmed parents and staff had raised concerns about an apparent shortage of volunteer members for the managing committee.

“Given the seriousness of the concerns, C&K has paused funding to Craigslea Community Kindergarten and referred the matter to the Department of Education,” the spokeswoman said.

“C&K is working closely with the Department of Education to support Craigslea Community Kindergarten in resuming its wonderful, high-quality early childhood program, so Brisbane’s northside families can continue to benefit for many years to come.”

But D’Souza, through a response from the kindergarten, denied the allegations and declared C&K did not have the jurisdiction to determine how a committee is comprised.

“The Supreme Court has jurisdiction to determine association disputes and, to date, the association’s solicitors have not been served with any such application,” he said.

“We have not been served any complaints under the association’s grievance procedure.

“There are sufficient numbers on the management committee.”

The response also confirmed the kindergarten was currently operating with replacement temporary staff.

“These are sourced from the same employment agency that the association has hired temps from for years,” D’Souza said.

“Nothing spectacular here, everyone has had a substitute teacher while they are at school.”

This masthead contacted the Department of Education.

Start the day with a summary of the day’s most important and interesting stories, analysis and insights. Sign up for our Morning Edition newsletter.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest Bluesky Threads Tumblr Telegram Email
info@thewitness.com.au
  • Website

Related Posts

AFL 2026: Collingwood ace Jamie Elliott has an ACL injury

May 24, 2026

Chemical tank at risk of exploding in California

May 24, 2026

Lee Andrews mystery takes another twist after reported phone activity

May 24, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

Police believe ‘Penthouse Syndicate’ built Sydney property empire from defrauded millions

September 24, 2025226 Views

Inside the bitter fight for ownership of a popular sports website

October 23, 2025153 Views

Wife of Australian Community Media boss responds to husband’s assault charges

March 15, 2026116 Views
Don't Miss

AFL 2026: Collingwood ace Jamie Elliott has an ACL injury

By info@thewitness.com.auMay 24, 2026

Collingwood will be without Jamie Elliott for the best part of a year after confirmation…

Chemical tank at risk of exploding in California

May 24, 2026

Lee Andrews mystery takes another twist after reported phone activity

May 24, 2026

Superquiz, Monday, May 25

May 24, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • TikTok
  • WhatsApp
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
Top Trending
Demo
Most Popular

Police believe ‘Penthouse Syndicate’ built Sydney property empire from defrauded millions

September 24, 2025226 Views

Inside the bitter fight for ownership of a popular sports website

October 23, 2025153 Views

Wife of Australian Community Media boss responds to husband’s assault charges

March 15, 2026116 Views
Our Picks

AFL 2026: Collingwood ace Jamie Elliott has an ACL injury

May 24, 2026

Chemical tank at risk of exploding in California

May 24, 2026

Lee Andrews mystery takes another twist after reported phone activity

May 24, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
© 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.